19 September 2006

"Where will you Find Him?"



My co-worker sent me a link to this article - it talks about Jesus, and Beer - it was just made for me.

So these Christian folk in Brittain are using a poster - this picture with the Phrase "Where will you find Him?" It is a very interesting concept - the first thing that came to my mind was the quote:

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
--Benjamin Franklin


But then after that, I thought of a story that I heard before I was a Christian, about one man's conversion that happened while he was high on drugs. I was always intrigued - this implied that either God worked through drugs, or that the man needed to get high to find God. Both interesting concepts.

Of course the mixture of God and alcohol upset some one - but I don't see how a poster like this is going to encourage any one to drink more, but only open the Gospel to those who may think it isn't available to them, because they have drank to long, and too hard. It is also quite clever with all the images of Holy Ones appearing on random places and being sold on EBay.

No comments: