31 October 2007

Stop Junk Mail - Some of it at least.

Here is a way to opt out of pre-approved credit offers:

http://www.creditsourceonline.com/opt-out.html

The short of it is that if you have a good credit rating, the major reporting agencies (Equifax, Experian, etc.) sell your information to credit card agencies. So instead of getting pre-approved mailings 5 and 6 times a week the way we used to, with in 2 weeks, we didn't get any more pre-approved offers. I also called all the companies who were mailng on a regular basis.

You can opt out of the mailings for 5 years over the phone, or for your lifetime using a form they will send you in the mail.

Basically all you need to do is to call this number and follow the prompts:

1-888-5-OPTOUT

Most of my junk mail was of this variety. I found the phone number on one of the pre-approved offers that I received, once I took the time to read them and figure out how to opt out.

No comments: